3) Recruitment, Recognition, Retention, Evaluation
On this page, you will find resources to support different aspects of working with volunteer patient/client advisors and representatives. These include tools to support the engagement process (forms, templates, brochures, handbooks). Many can be adapted for use in your engagement initiative.
- Canadian Code for Volunteer Involvement Explanations of different standards for volunteer engagement. It includes a checklist to help organizations implement the recommendations.
Source: Volunteer Canada, 2012
- Family Forum Council Tools Terms of Reference and online application form for CHEO's Family Council.
Source: Children's Hospital of Eastern Ontario (Canada)
- Patient Experience Advisor Brochure Explaining the role of a patient advisor, what is involved, how patient advisors can make a difference and who can be an advisor.
Source: Horizon Health Network (Canada)
- Public and Patient Engagement Evaluation Tool Helps gather participants’ assessments of key features of the engagement activity that they participated in. Intended for a broad range of individuals including service users, community representatives and other stakeholders contributing to a wide range of activities related to the planning, delivery and evaluation of health services.
Source: McMaster University, 2011 (Canada)
Please read and comply with this copyright note, and the disclaimer, below: resources accessed from third-party websites are subject to the copyright terms and conditions of that website. Resources housed directly on this website may be used, adapted, posted on websites and reproduced with acknowledgement of the source.
This collection of links is intended to support patient/client, caregiver and family engagement efforts. In most cases, clicking on the links will redirect you to third-party websites, or resources housed on third- party websites. These links are for information purposes only, and not meant to be exhaustive representations of all available content or services. The inclusion of these links does not imply endorsement by the Champlain LHIN. Please contact the individual organization for more information about their resources.
Resources by Stages of Engagement
Resources for health care providers, organisations or networks beginning their engagement journey, or moving into a new area of engagement.
Overview of patient /client engagement - various strategies and approaches.
3) Recruitment, Recognition, Retention, Evaluation - you are here
Resources to support different aspects of working with volunteer patient / client advisors and representatives.
Examples of larger toolkits and / or workbooks to guide you through steps of the engagement journey.
Examples of guidelines and strategies for engaging communities, particularly diverse communities and specific populations in health.
Examples of, approaches to, and support for incorporating patient/client feedback in the engagement process.
An alphabetical listing of resources 1) through 6), above.
External links to more information from patient / client engagement leaders.