One of the core values that guides our work across the Champlain LHIN is listening to feedback from patients and families.
The Champlain LHIN Complaint, Compliment, Concern process provides people a way of registering a health care complaint or concern, and feedback on what is working well related to the care they receive.
The process ensures follow-up and helps to identify potential systemic issues.
The Champlain LHIN is committed to resolving or overseeing the resolution of a complaint in a timely manner.
A review process is in place to record and ensure that reported complaints are addressed. All reported complaints will be:
- Received with courtesy and recorded accurately
- Acted upon promptly and fairly
- Confidential and protected.
There are several ways to contact the Champlain LHIN to file a complaint, compliment, or concern:
- Toll free: 1.866.902.5446
- In person, at our office:
1900 City Park Dr, Suite 204
Ottawa, ON K1J 1A3
When filing a complaint by email, please answer the following questions:
- What is the name of the health care organization your concern involves?
- Who did you speak to at the health care organization? What did they say?
- What would resolution of this complaint look like to you?
Please also provide your:
- Permission for the Champlain LHIN to contact you regarding the specific concern.
- Understanding that the information you provided may be used by the Champlain LHIN to address your specific concern.
Note: The Champlain LHIN is not a health custodian under the Personal Health Information Protection Act, 2004.
|To access Champlain Community Care Access Centre’s Feedback, Complaints, and Appeals process, click here.
Health Care Consent Act
|The Health Care Consent Act is an Ontario law regarding the capacity to consent to treatment.
|For the request form under the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act / Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, click here.